Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the Canadian Advisory Committee (CAC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T). Scope
This Part of ISO/IEC 21000, entitled Digital Item Processing (DIP), specifies the syntax and semantics of tools that may be used to process Digital Items. The tools provide a normative set of tools that specify the processing of a Digital Item in a predefined manner.
This technology is specified in one normative clause and three normative annexes:
- Digital Item Methods:
- Digital Item Methods (Clause 5) specifies the set of tools enabling Digital Item Users to include sequences of instructions for adding predefined functionality to a Digital Item. Such a sequence of instructions is a Digital Item Method. Digital Item Methods are authored with the Digital Item Method Language (see 5.2) which includes bindings to Digital Item Base Operations (see 5.4). For extended functionality, Digital Item extension Operations (see 5.6) allow such processing to be implemented more efficiently in a higher level programming language. Tools for integrating Digital Item Methods into Digital Item Declarations are also specified (see 5.3).
- ECMAScript bindings for Digital Item Base Operations:
- Annex A specifies the ECMAScript bindings for the Digital Item Base Operations described in 5.3.
- Java bindings for Digital Item Base Operations:
- Annex B specifies the Java bindings for the Digital Item Base Operations described in 5.4.
- Calling Java based DIXOs from Digital Item Methods:
Annex C specifies the mechanism for calling Java based Digital Item extension Operations. Digital Item extension Operations are described in 5.6.
items 1 - of 1 result(s)
View 20 | View 100
Information Technology - Multimedia Framework (MPEG-21) - Part 10: Digital Item Processing (Adopted ISO/IEC 21000-10:2006, first edition, 2006-01-01)