This is the third edition of CAN/CSA-E60335-2-13, Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-13: Particular requirements for deep fat fryers, frying pans and similar appliances, which is an adoption, with Canadian deviations, of the identically titled IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) Standard 60335-2-13 (sixth edition, 2009-12). This Standard supersedes the previous edition published in 2006 as CAN/CSA-E60335-2-13 (adopted IEC 60335-2-13:2002+A1:2004).
At the time of publication, IEC 60335-2-13:2009 is available from IEC in English only. CSA Group will publish the French version when it becomes available from IEC.
This Standard is intended to be used in conjunction with CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60335-1-11, Safety of household and similar appliances - Part 1: General requirements (adopted IEC 60335-1:2001+A1:2004+A2:2006, with Canadian deviations).
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric deep fat fryers having a recommended maximum quantity of oil not exceeding 5 l, frying pans, woks and other appliances in which oil is used for cooking, and intended for household use and similar use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Appliances intended for normal household and similar use and that may also be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms are within the scope of this standard. However, if the appliance is intended to be used professionally to process food for commercial consumption, the appliance is not considered to be for household and similar use only.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
* physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
* lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- deep fat fryers for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-37);
- commercial multi-purpose cooking pans (IEC 60335-2-39);
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
Amendment 1:2020 to CAN/CSA-E60335-2-13:13, Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-13: Particular requirements for deep fat fryers, frying pans and similar appliances (Adopted amendment 1:2016 to IEC 60335-2-13:2009) | Modification 1:2020 de CAN/CSA-E60335-2-13:13, Appareils électrodomestiques et analogues - Sécurité - Partie 2-13 : Exigences particulières pour les friteuses, les poêles à frire et appareils analogues (Amendement 1:2016 adoptée de la norme CEI 60335-2-13,2009)