NECB 2017 Training – Contractor – Online
Training NECB 2017 – Contractor - Online Training
This course helps to simplify selected requirements of The National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2017 (NECB) in Division B, Parts 3-8.
It details systems, components and equipment covered by Parts 3-8 for energy performance efficiency.
In addition, it clarifies the prescriptive path, trade-off path, and performance path requirements as requisite or permitted within NECB requirements.
- Describe the transfer of heat and air through building materials, components, and assemblies forming part of the building envelope
- Identify interfaces between building materials, components, and assemblies forming part of the building envelope
- Identify what lighting components and systems are part of the building's electrical service
- Summarize how to calculate interior lighting power requirements using the building area method or space-by-space method
- Identify what equipment and systems related to heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems follow Part 5 requirements
- Summarize the prescriptive and the trade-off path requirements for equipment and systems related to heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems to comply
- Explain minimum compliance levels for service water systems (including fixtures, controls and equipment) that follow Part 6 requirements
- List minimum compliance requirements for monitoring of electrical consumption, transformers, and motors
- Describe how professional energy modelers develop a performance compliance path for building energy based on requirement options in Part 8
- List energy sources that are and are not included in the building energy target and the annual energy consumption
Users of the NECB 2017:
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).