BUILDING PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS - Passive Airflow Ventilators for the Unoccupied Spaces of Buildings - Passive Airflow Ventilators for the Unoccupied Spaces of Buildings
Passive Airflow Ventilators for the Unoccupied Spaces of
Buildings, in compliance with CSA A93:2019 Standard. These Passive Airflow
Ventilators are designed to permit venting of the unoccupied spaces to the
exterior so as to minimize the unwanted accumulation of condensation, moisture,
and excess heat in the building component or assembly. Passive airflow
ventilators for venting the unoccupied spaces of building are classified into:
– Type A for installation on vertical surfaces;
– Type B for installation on sloping surfaces;
– Type C for installation on ridges;
– Type D for installation on horizontal surfaces; and
– Type E for installation on eave soffits.
- This certification service does not include mechanical (powered)
airflow ventilators or forced-air ducted ventilators.
- This certification service does not include wind turbine
ventilators or the ventilating of flat roofs.
|CSA A93||Airflow Ventilators for the Unoccupied Spaces of Buildings|
Except for Type E ventilators, each passive airflow ventilator shall be
marked with a permanent and legible marking, applied so that the following
information are visible after installation:
- manufacturer?s name or trademark;
- type of ventilator or distinct product identification;
- net free area in square centimetres and/or square inches;
- additional markings as may be required by the applicable Standard
for specific models or usages; and
- CSA Mark.
The marking information listed above shall be indicated by one or more of the
- adhesive label;
- die stamp;
- waterproof ink;
- molded label; or
- laser engraving.
Note: Round miniature ventilators up to and including 150 mm (6 in) in
diameter shall be exempted from the marking requirements.
Ventilator installation shall conform to the requirements of the
manufacturer?s installation instructions.