HARNESSES - Wiring
Assemblies consisting of various numbers, sizes and types of wire and/or flexible cord,
with or without additional components such as terminals,connectors, attachment plugs and
splices. These assemblies are designed and intended to be installed as components of
specific equipment or appliances.
A wiring harness consists of an assembly of parts intended to make up part, or all, of
the wiring of a single appliance. It is not intended that a complete product, such as a
portable lamp, be Certified as a wiring harness.
|CSA-C22.2 No. 0||General Requirements – Canadian Electrical Code, Part II|
|CSA C22.2 No. 21||Cord Sets and Power-Supply Cords|
|CSA C22.2 No. 42||General Use Receptacles, Attachment Plugs, and Similar Wiring
|CSA C22.2 No. 65||Wire Connectors|
|CSA C22.2 No. 153||Electrical Quick-Connect Terminals|
|CSA C22.2 No. 182.1||Plugs, Receptacles and Cable Connectors of the Pin and Sleeve Type|
|CSA C22.2 No. 182.2||Industrial Locking Type, Special Use Attachment Plugs, Receptacles
|CSA C22.2 No. 182.3||Special Use Attachment Plugs, Receptacles and Connectors|
- Wiring harnesses are Certified only for use as components of other Certified assemblies
where the suitability is determined by CSA International.
- Wiring harnesses are not specifically investigated with regard to the ampere/voltage
ratings of the wire and components unless uncertified components are involved. These
aspects are the responsibility of the end user.
- Wiring harnesses are normally constructed in accordance with a harness diagram and are
designed for a specific application which is indicated on the diagram or carton.
- A wiring harness may consist of a single wire cut and stripped in accordance with a
- submittor’s identification;
- model designation or equivalent;
- CSA Mark.