Take your wiring devices to North American and global markets with confidence
Did You Know?
- As the demand for alternative energy increases—especially wind and solar—wiring and wiring devices are needed that can perform through challenging temperatures and weather.
- Wiring needs have greatly increased as a result of the high demand for electrification of homes, increased investment in power distribution, and growth in the household sector in developing countries.
From residential to commercial and institutional usage, wiring devices are needed for projects of all sizes and scope, in markets all over North America and the world. They may require the right testing and certifications — both to meet local market compliance requirements, and to assure customers in those markets that they’re buying wiring devices that have been thoroughly checked against requirements for safety and performance.
CSA Group offers testing and certification you may need to gain access to your target market, throughout Canada, the U.S. and beyond. Our mark is widely recognized and accepted by safety inspectors, code officials and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs), safety experts and workplace committees, leading product manufacturers, and major product distributors and retailers. Make sure that customers in new markets see it on your wiring devices.
Top reasons to trust CSA Group for the testing, inspection, and certification of your wiring device:
- Unmatched expertise: CSA Group brings decades of experience in testing, certifying, and standards development for building products, especially electrical and wiring products
- Commitment to service: We’re proud of the reputation we’ve earned for being attentive and promptly responsive, and for going out of our way to meet every customer’s needs
- Efficiency and speed: We know full well the importance of getting to target markets in the fastest manner possible—that’s why we respond, test, and certify products efficiently
- Geographic reach: No matter where you manufacture or sell your products, we can develop a program to meet the needs of your business with local experts
- Extensive testing: The key standards we test against include Harmonized UL/CSA standards for North America, the CB Scheme, and IEC standards
Efficiently and effectively supplying the testing, certification and standards solutions that your wiring devices may require
The expert knowledge and experience that we have gained from years of developing wire and cable standards is applied throughout the testing & certification process. CSA Group can help conduct the necessary services on a broad range of wiring devices and products for numerous uses, including residential, commercial, Institutional and specialized applications.
General use and special use switches
The CSA Mark will indicate to buyers and builders in markets all over the world that your general or special use switches have been tested for safety and performance.
Receptacles, attachment plugs, and connectors for plug-in devices
Whether for general or special use, CSA Group will help ensure that your wiring device products are tested with industry-leading expertise and efficiency.
Cord sets, power supply cords, and conduit
CSA Group provides top-notch testing and certification for your wiring devices—like cord sets, power supply cords and conduit—wherever you manufacture them.
Before you can take your lighting controls to the markets you’re targeting, they may need to meet local compliance requirements. Let CSA Group conduct the testing and certification you need.
Metallic and non-metallic outlet boxes
We offer the testing and certification you need for your metallic and non-metallic outlet boxes, allowing you to take them with confidence to new markets.
OSHA Recognition Helps CSA Group Expand Your Opportunities
When manufacturing and selling products for use in the U.S., you can trust CSA marks are often accepted because we are recognized by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL).Read White Paper
OSHA Recognition Helps CSA Group Expand Your OpportunitiesRead White Paper
Explore standards for a wide range of industries
Get your wiring and cable products tested, inspected, and certified for compliance and global market access
Transform your innovations into quality products that meet critical requirements with our expert testing services.
Launch new products and boost customer confidence in North America and beyond with our global certification services
The Latest from CSA Group
Early Collaboration Can Lead to a Better Certification ExperienceRead the Article
What’s new in the 2018 Canadian Electrical Code, Part IRead the Article
A Simple Guide to CertificationView the Infographic
Your Testing & Certification Provider is Your ChoiceView the Infographic
The Importance of Harmonized Standards in a Global MarketplaceRead the White Paper
Contact an Expert
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.Contact Us