Give your power tools the testing and certification they’ll need to enter North American and global markets simply and efficiently
Did You Know?
- According to Markets and Markets, the power tools market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% between now and 2023, increasing to an estimated worth of over $35 Billion USD.
- Corded power tools still enjoy substantial sales, but the shift to cordless tools is happening fast, thanks to their mobility and longer life on one charge.
Effective, safe, reliable power tools are needed for construction and maintenance projects of all sizes, in markets all over the world. Construction companies, contractors, and consumers all want to know they can count on their tools for safety and quality.
CSA Group performs relevant testing and certification to help give you that assurance and assist you in meeting requirements to enter local target markets with speed and confidence. Our extensive services include certification for North American and global markets, as well as functional safety services and battery pack testing (through testing labs in multiple locations worldwide).
Top reasons to trust CSA Group for your power tools testing and certification services:
- Commitment to efficiency: We use our vast expertise and prompt, clear communication to ready your power tools for global markets as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Ability to simplify: We’re always by your side to help you understand the complex testing and certification process
- Industry credibility: Companies and workers around the world know the CSA mark—to them, it symbolizes safety and quality
- Breadth of services: We test against a range of standards including the IEC 62841 series of standards for hand-held tools, IEC 62133 series for portable batteries, and CE Marking; we are accredited by organizations such as SCC, OSHA, and IAS
- Full accessibility: Our experts know your questions and needs are as unique as a market’s requirements so we’re committed to being available to address them every step of the way
Helping power tool manufacturers keep up with global demand and enter new markets with confidence
With construction booming and tool technology improving rapidly, you want to trust your testing and certification services to experts that are known for quality and consistency.
CSA Group can test and certify drills for use in the North American and global markets. We validate whether your drill meets power requirements within the scope of current standards.
Ensure that your grinders are ready for access to local markets and that they feature a certification mark known to represent credibility and quality.
We have the depth of expertise and breadth of service to test and certify saws of all kinds, including table, miter, circular, band, and reciprocating.
CSA Group can test and certify* your sanders, all while providing expertise, speed, and clear communication through each step of the process.
Batteries & Chargers
Battery and charger technology is constantly evolving and improving, and CSA Group has the expertise and efficient solutions to get your products to markets as fast as possible.
*Products must comply with applicable standards in order to qualify for certification
Rechargeable Battery-Powered Lawn & Garden Machinery, Tools, and Other Portable Appliances
Rechargeable Battery-Powered Lawn & Garden Machinery, Tools, and Other Portable AppliancesRead White Paper
Get the standards you need to help you gain access to the right market for your tools
Get your products tested, inspected, and certified* for compliance and global market access
Transform your innovations into quality products that meet critical requirements with our expert testing services.
Launch new products and boost customer confidence in North America and beyond with our global certification solutions.
Get the marks you need to access and enter your target markets in North America with confidence.
Demonstrate your commitment to product safety - even when certification is not a viable option - with a one-time quick and efficient field evaluation.
The Latest from CSA Group
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.