Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles and Hydrogen Fueling Stations
Meet the requirements to take your hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles and fueling stations to new markets
Did You Know?
- Hydrogen-fueled vehicles can go far longer between fill-ups, and refilling them takes no longer than getting gasoline.
- While hydrogen fuel cell cars are a relatively new innovation, global manufacturers are rapidly producing consumer options, including Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz, and BMW
Hydrogen fuel cell technology presents exciting and efficient new energy possibilities, which is why it’s being explored by manufacturers and consumers alike in markets across the world. Gaining access to those markets requires the right testing and certification to ensure safety, reliability, and performance.
CSA Group offers comprehensive testing and certification of hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV) and hydrogen fueling stations. We can help you access new markets with high-pressure testing, evaluation, and certification of FCEV products and components.
Additionally, we can perform highly specialized testing:
- High-pressure testing, evaluation, and certification of components for FCEV as well as for hydrogen fueling stations and components using our one-of-a-kind Hydrogen Dispenser Testing Apparatus (HDTA)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic pressure tests, fuel system and component tests, and remote field testing using the latest equipment and techniques at our state-of-the-art ISO 17025 accredited laboratories
- Customized testing for validating the performance of hydrogen vehicle systems under extreme service conditions, including severe penetration, crush, crash, and fire events
- Contract testing services for the design validation and lifetime endurance evaluation of hydrogen vehicle fuel system components
Finally, we’re qualified to perform technical information services related to automotive hydrogen codes, standards, and regulatory compliance.
Hydrogen Dispenser Testing Apparatus
As part of CSA Group’s ongoing efforts to help advance the safe deployment of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies, we have developed on-site evaluation testing equipment for hydrogen fueling stations.
Our innovative mobile hydrogen dispenser testing apparatus (HDTA) and weights and measures device (WAM-D) validates hydrogen dispenser performance with ANSI/CSA HGV 4.3, fuel quality sampling, and verifies point of sale accuracy following NIST Handbook 44. Without a mobile test device like our HDTA, station owners must often wait for each automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to bring a vehicle to their station for testing. The HDTA replaces the need for OEM vehicle testing at each station, helping to reduce test time and associated costs.
Top reasons to trust CSA Group for your hydrogen FCEV and fueling stations testing and certification services:
- Extensive testing: We test against North American and International hydrogen tank and component standards and regulations, including CSA/ANSI HGV 2, CSA/ANSI HGV 3.1, CSA/ANSI HPRD 1, CSA/ANSI HGV 4 series, and the European regulations EC 79 (EU 406) and UN ECE R134
- Credibility and wide acceptance: Our test reports are accepted by regulatory authorities such as Transport Canada, the U.S. DOT, Japanese KHK, German KBA, and Luxembourg SNCH
- Industry-leading expertise: Our dedicated technical experts bring years of knowledge and understanding to the tests we conduct and solutions we provide
- Fast, efficient service: Getting quickly to new markets matters — that’s why we perform every test and service swiftly and efficiently
- Attention to customers: Testing and certification is a complicated process and leaves many manufacturers with any questions – we’re there and available for you every step of the way
We’ll test to help ensure the quality and reliability of your hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV) and hydrogen fueling stations
Take your products to new markets with the confidence of knowing that they’ve been tested and certified by leading, trusted experts in the industry.
CSA Group brings responsiveness and expertise to the process of testing and certifying vehicle parts and performance, getting them to markets quicker and more efficiently. We commonly test cylinders, containers, tanks, valves, check valves, pressure regulators, pressure relief devices, and vehicle fuel systems.
Hydrogen Fueling Stations
Our experts will test the efficiency, safety, and reliability of your hydrogen fueling stations. CSA Group will deliver quality results through the certification process so you can confidently enter new markets. We commonly test fueling nozzles, hoses, and breakaways, as well as evaluate fueling parameters.
Assembled Hydrogen Gas Systems
Hydrogen gas systems are innovative and complex, but our experts make testing for safety, reliability, and performance simple for you. We commonly test fuel cell vehicles, fueling dispensers, and hydrogen fueling stations.
Supporting Hydrogen as a Viable Option for Clean Vehicle Fuel
Transforming energy usage in the transport sector can only happen through a cost-efficient regulatory framework supported by nationally accepted codes and standards.Read White Paper
Supporting Hydrogen as a Viable Option for Clean Vehicle FuelRead White Paper
Get the right standards solutions for your hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV) and hydrogen fueling stations
Get your products tested, inspected, and certified for compliance and global market access.
Transform your innovations into quality products that meet critical requirements with our expert testing services.
Quickly launch new products, and boost customer confidence in North America and beyond with the trusted CSA Group mark.
The Latest from CSA Group
Contact an Expert
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.Contact Us