Compressed Natural Gas Vehicles and Fueling Stations
Take your compressed natural gas vehicles and fueling stations to global markets with confidence
Did You Know?
- Favorable government initiatives, such as subsidies in key consuming economies of Asia Pacific such as China, and India, are projected to fuel the demand for CNG through 2025.
- The cost of fueling with CNG is substantially cheaper than petroleum-based fuels, giving fleet operators a potential opportunity to capitalize on a major cost-saving.
The commercial transportation industry represents a significant portion of worldwide energy demand and contributes large amounts of global greenhouse gas emissions. Many providers are looking for ways to contribute to decarbonization, such as using compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles.
CNG is formed when natural gas is compressed to less than one percent of the space it would occupy in the atmosphere. This makes CNG an appealing option because it is cheaper, cleaner, and abundantly available.
CSA Group offers testing and certification services to help you meet compliance requirements for CNG vehicle and fueling stations. We also offer a full suite of standards, training, and personnel certification programs to support the CNG industry. Access to a database is available to help find qualified CNG cylinder and fuel system inspectors in your area.
Additionally, we can perform highly specialized CNG testing:
– Hydraulic and pneumatic pressure tests, fuel system and component tests, and remote field testing using the latest equipment and techniques at our state-of-the-art ISO 17025 accredited laboratories
– Customized testing to validate the performance of CNG fuel systems under extreme service conditions, including severe penetration, crush, crash, and fire events
– Contract testing services for the design validation and lifetime endurance evaluation of CNG vehicle fuel system components
Top reasons to trust CSA Group to conduct testing, inspection, and certification services for your CNG vehicle and fueling stations:
– Industry input and leadership: We worked with the automotive industry and other stakeholders to facilitate the standards often used today for the fuel dispensing, storage, and infrastructure needed to operate natural gas vehicles
– Unrivaled expertise: Years of experience working with the automotive and related industries gives us extensive in-depth technical knowledge
– Credibility and wide acceptance: Our test reports are accepted by regulatory authorities such as Transport Canada, the U.S. DOT, Japanese KHK, German KBA, and Luxembourg SNCH
– Extensive testing: We perform testing and certification to North American and international CNG tank and component standards and regulations, including CSA/ANSI NGV 1, CSA/ANSI NGV 2, CSA/ANSI NGV 3.1, CSA/ANSI PRD 1, and the European UN ECE R110 regulation
– Fast, attentive service: We perform every test and provide service in the most efficient way possible, and we’re available to answer your questions every step of the way
Confirm the quality, safety, and reliability of your CNG solutions with component and systems level testing
Take your CNG solutions to new markets with the confidence of knowing that they’ve been tested and certified by leading, trusted experts in the industry.
CSA Group brings responsiveness and expertise to testing and certifying vehicles parts and performance, helping get them to market quicker and more efficiently. We commonly test cylinders, containers, tanks, valves, check valves, pressure regulators, pressure relief devices, and vehicle fuel systems.
CNG fueling stations
Our experts will test the efficiency, safety, and reliability of your hydrogen fueling stations. CSA Group will deliver results through the process and take you to new markets. We commonly test fueling nozzles, hoses, breakaways, and dispensers, as well as evaluations of fueling parameters.
Assembled CNG gas systems
We can test and certify your innovative and complex systems to help ensure they are ready to perform safely and reliably. We have unparalleled expertise and specialize in help simplifying certification for even the most complex products. We commonly test CNG vehicles, fueling dispensers, and CNG fueling stations.
Life After Widespread Adoption of Natural Gas Vehicle
Natural gas vehicles (NGVs) can play a huge role in reducing C02 emissions, but there’s a lot to consider when it comes to their mass adoption and deployment.
Life After Widespread Adoption of Natural Gas Vehicle
Get the right standards solutions for your CNG vehicles and fueling stations
Get your products tested, inspected, and certified for compliance and global market access
Transform your innovations into quality products that meet critical requirements with our expert testing services.
Launch new products, and boost customer confidence in North America and beyond with the trusted CSA Group mark.
The Latest from CSA Group
Supporting Hydrogen as a Viable Option for Clean Vehicle FuelSupporting Hydrogen as a Viable Option For Clean Vehicle Fuel
CSA Group CNG Technician Training & Certification Helps Improve Efficiency for Pensacola City ServicesCSA Group CNG Technician Training & Certification Helps Improve Efficiency for Pensacola City Services
End of Life CNG Containers and Tanks – A Review of the 3D’sEnd of Life CNG Containers and Tanks – A Review of the 3D’s
Contact an Expert
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.Contact Us