Meet the requirements of punishing conditions in global markets where photovoltaic (PV) solutions are in high demand
Did You Know?
- Large centralized solutions built using smaller blocks (aka, modularity) demonstrates the ability to allow greater design flexibility and improved redundancy.
- The U.S. Department of Energy announced that the U.S. solar industry reached its 2020 utility-scale solar cost target of US $0.06/kWh three years ahead of schedule.
The demand for cleaner, smarter energy—in the form of solar energy—is greater than ever in countries across the globe, with the US, China, and India leading the way. The global PV market itself has grown every year for over a decade, giving manufacturers the chance to play a critical role in promoting sustainable energy production and reducing carbon emissions, while enjoy substantial sales.
As part of our own commitment to supporting safe and efficient renewable energy, CSA Group provides customized testing services that examine the reliability, performance, and quality of your products under conditions that accurately simulate solar energy service—helping them meet the unique requirements of the application and markets you wish to enter.
State-of-the-Art Testing Facilities
Our PV and environmental testing facilities enable us to offer exceptional testing of the highest accuracy and quality. These facilities feature:
- Advanced technology A+/A+/A+ grade solar flashers to precisely reproduce high-intensity light under controlled temperatures
- Expertise with all PV technologies: c-Si, thin film, PERC, and bifacial
- Environmental chambers to evaluate performance in controlled temperature and humidity conditions
- Light-soaking and UV chambers to simulate extended sunlight exposure
- IEC testing capabilities to help ensure conformity with international safety and performance standards
- An expansive outdoor testing area to evaluate your PV modules on fixed racks and both single-axis and dual-axis trackers
CSA EXP450: Our Own Testing Protocol for the PV Sector
With input from many PV sector leaders and stakeholders, CSA Group developed a definitive best practice document for all PV testing protocols: CSA EXP450 Photovoltaic (PV) Module Testing Protocol for Quality Assurance Programs. C450 serves as the basis for testing programs at our state-of-the-art labs in both the U.S. and China.
Top reasons to trust CSA Group for your PV testing, inspection, and certification needs:
- Cost savings: Our detailed testing services can streamline product development and optimization, for significant near- and long-term time and cost savings.
- Industry leading expertise: Behind the CSA Group mark is decades of leadership and experience, which will assure customers that your product is exceptionally well-tested.
- Fast, efficient service: CSA Group specializes in performing services in a way that combines efficiency and accuracy, getting your products to market fast.
- Process simplification: CSA Group partners and collaborates with you, and we’re there to answer your questions at every step.
- Extensive testing and capabilities: We expertly conduct outdoor/indoor testing, have significant measurement capabilities, and can perform extended accelerated aging and reliability tests, as well as quality and bankability testing.
Certification to ANSI, CSA and IEC standards:
- PV Modules, ANSI/UL 1703, IEC 61730/61215, ANSI/UL 61730/61215, CSA 61730/61215
- Racking, ANSI/UL 2703
- Tracking, ANSI/UL 3703, IEC 62817, CSA 62817
- Inverters, ANSI/UL 1741, UL/CSA 62109
- CPV, IEC 62108, UL 62108
Module Performance Testing:
- IEC 61853-1, PAN Files
- IEC 61853-2, EQE, IAM, NMOT
- CEC Testing
- PID Testing
- LID Testing
- Bifacial Testing
- Outdoor Yield Studies
Module Reliability Testing:
- CSA EXP450
Conducting extensive testing—for quality, safety, and reliability—on the widest range of photovoltaic products
Our state-of-the-art labs and experienced technicians will ensure your PV products are tested, certified*, and ready for access to new markets.
Let CSA Group test and certify your PV modules in a way that combines our signature expertise, speed, and customer support.
We test and certify PV racking and tracking systems—full or component certification—to comply with national and international standards, including ANSI/UL, CAN/CSA, and IEC.
The CSA Group mark communicates to customers all over the world that your control panels are efficient and high quality.
Have your equipment tested and certified by people with unmatched levels of understanding and expertise in the PV sector.
Our state-of-the-art labs can gauge the reliability and quality of your Balance of System (BOS) equipment, including combiners, optimizers, controllers, and inverters.
Make sure that your charge controllers meet local market requirements through testing and certification from CSA Group’s PV industry experts.
When your PV connectors earn their certification from CSA Group, you’ll know that they are efficient and effective.
Wherever your manufacturing is located, have your most important equipment, including junction boxes, tested and certified at one of our labs.
We combine unmatched expertise and unrivaled efficiency to make sure your arc fault detectors meet local market requirements and pass reliability tests.
Reliability is crucial when it comes to these devices, and they have to be trusted by customers. Make sure your rapid shut-down device has the recognized CSA Group mark.
Prepare your modules and optimizers to gain access to rapidly growing PV markets in North America and throughout the world
A Testing Protocol Built for the Photovoltaic Sector by the Photovoltaic Industry
A Testing Protocol Built for the Photovoltaic Sector by the Photovoltaic IndustryRead Case Study
Ensure your PV products meet the unique standards for the market you wish to enter.
Get your products tested, inspected, and certified for compliance and global market access.
Transform your innovations into quality products that meet critical safety requirements with our expert testing services.
Launch new products and boost customer confidence in North America and beyond with our global certification solutions.
Get the marks you need to access your target markets in North America with confidence.
Demonstrate your commitment to product safety even when certification is not a viable option with a one-time quick and efficient field evaluation.
The Latest from CSA Group
Standards, Testing, And Beyond: How Attention To Detail Addresses Safety And Performance Of PV ProductsRead the White Paper
The Unique Laboratory Requirements Needed to Test Battery Safety and Performance for Out-of-this-world Conditions
Read the Case Study
A Testing Protocol Built for the Photovoltaic Industry by the Photovoltaic IndustryRead the Case Study
Life After Widespread Adoption of Natural Gas VehiclesRead the White Paper
Paving the Road to the Widespread use of Electric VehiclesRead the White Paper
Safety of Stationary Grid-Connected Energy Storage SystemsRead the White Paper
Transporting Your Lithium-ion Cells, Battery and Battery Assembly ProductsRead the White Paper
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.Contact Us