Motors, Generators & Turbines
Helping ensure the safety and performance of motors, generators and turbines
Did You Know?
- Increasing pressure from international agencies to reduce carbon emissions, plus low shale gas prices is driving a robust growth for gas turbines, steam turbines, and wind turbines
- As industry becomes increasingly digital and connected, cybersecurity isn’t just a nice-to-have, it’s a core element of functional safety. CSA Group offers an integrated suite of services to protect you from cyber threats.
Motors, generators, and turbines represent a massive segment of the industrial sector. Because they are so important, it is critical these products are tested and certified to the required standards of a region, particularly the applicable energy efficiency regulations.
Because CSA Group has helped develop many of these standards, you benefit from our years of experience and technical insights. No matter where your manufacturing facilities are located, our North American and global network of offices and laboratories gives you direct access to the technical teams that oversee your project from start to finish.
We know how important it is to get your products into targeted global markets quickly and with confidence – our testing and certification services are designed to do just that.
Testing to North American and International Standards
With our global accreditations and expertise in motors and generators, our full suite of testing & certification solutions can verify your compliance with the necessary standards to enter your target markets in North America and beyond. These include:
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 25, 30, 77, 100, 145, and 213
- UL 1004 Series
- UL 2111
- UL/ISA/CSA C22.2 No. 60079-1
- UL/ISA/CSACSA C22.2 No. 60079-7
- UL/ISA/CSA C22.2 No. 60079-15
- NFPA 496
- UL 1203
- UL 674
- IEC 60034-5
- IEC 60079-15
- IEC 60079-2
- IEC 60079-31
- IEC 80079-36
- IEC 80079-37
For gas turbines, we can inspect and approve their electrical features through our field certification program and North American field evaluations. Internationally, we can inspect gas turbines against the IEC 60079-13 and IEC TS 60079-46 standards.
Energy Efficiency Testing
CSA Group is accredited by the U.S Department of Energy (DOE) to conduct the necessary energy efficiency testing on electric motors, including small electric motors. We are also accredited by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) to provide the efficiency testing against three-phase induction motors.
Some of the energy efficiency standards for North America we test against:
- 10 CFR 431 subpart X, 431.446
- CAN/CSA C390-10
- CAN/CSA C747-09
- IEEE 112-2004
Why you should choose CSA Group to test and certify your motor, generator, or turbine.
- Unmatched expertise: Organizations across the world have depended on CSA Group’s proficiency in motors, generators, and turbines for decades
- Commitment to service: We are passionate about delivering high-quality customer service to you and your team as we deliver certifications and drive your success
- Efficiency and speed: We understand the speed of business today – count on us to streamline your testing time and respond quickly
- Geographic Reach: Today’s business is global, that’s why we’ve built expertise in international standards and offer testing facilities around the globe
- Extensive Testing: Our team is constantly upgrading their knowledge of today’s standards with capabilities in CSA, UL, IEC standards and many more
Explore the Products CSA Group Tests and Certifies for Motors, Generators, and Turbines
CSA Group offers various evaluation programs for testing and certifying motors, generators, and turbines.
Ensure the safety and performance of these high-volume and in-demand electromagnetic motors.
Take your appliance motors – including component type appliance motors – to North American and global markets efficiently and confidently with our internationally recognized testing and certification services.
We are a global leader in the evaluation and certification of electric motors, so you can respond to customer demands and get to market quickly.
With advances in these motors evolving rapidly – especially in traction, robotics, and aerospace motors – ensure compliance with market requirements with trusted testing by CSA Group.
CSA Group can test your electronically commutated motors to ensure you meet key standards for efficiency and safety, and get your product in front of customers confidently.
Whether used in a residential, recreational, business, or commercial environment, establish your generator’s compliance with proven testing from CSA Group.
Displaying the CSA mark on your generator signals quality to your customers ensures your generators are up to the highest standards in your target market.
CSA Group can perform field evaluation and certifications for electrical components of your gas turbine to ensure they meet key standards.
Reaping the Benefits of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)
Reaping the Benefits of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)Read White Paper
Access the right standards for your motors, generators, and turbines as you prepare to access U.S., Canadian, and global markets
Get your motors, generators, and turbines tested, inspected, and certified for compliance, and global market access
Transform your innovations into quality products that meet critical safety requirements with our expert lifting device services.
Launch new products and boost customer confidence in North America and beyond with our global certification services
The Latest from CSA Group
Addressing Machine And System Operational Risks In The Safety LifecycleRead the White Paper
Protecting Industrial Control Systems from Advanced Cyber ThreatsRead the White Paper
A Simple Guide to CertificationView the Infographic
Five Take-Aways From Canada’s New Cybersecurity StrategyRead the Perspective
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.Contact Us