Ensure your elevating products are tested, certified, and ready for global markets
Did You Know?
- More than 2 billion people travel by lifts every day, as cities get denser and buildings get taller.
- The “Smart Elevator” market is estimated to grow to more than $26 Billion USD by 2022, especially because of population growth, urbanization and pressure to reduce energy consumption.
As the world population shifts to cities and building renovations accelerate, demand for elevators, lifts, escalators and moving sidewalks continues to boom. Add to that the acceleration of innovation – from smart lift technologies to energy efficient flat belt and cable-less lifts – and competing in the market becomes even more critical to the success of your business.
CSA Group can help you take advantage of these opportunities and keep your product development processes on track by testing and certifying your elevating devices for compliance and safety in global markets.
Top reasons to choose CSA Group for testing and certification of elevating devices:
- Unmatched expertise: We have the deep technical expertise you need to bring your elevators, escalators, and other elevating devices to market with speed and confidence. Industry leaders like OTIS, Schindler, and KONE already rely on that expertise.
- Commitment to service: Your business is our business, we’re always here to help and go the extra mile to make your product launch as successful as possible
- Efficiency and speed: Time to market is a critical variable in the testing and certification process. We are committed to being as efficient as possible while delivering high-quality results.
- Geographic reach: With offices, testing facilities, and experts across the globe, we can help your product testing no matter where you manufacture, sell, or install your product
- Extensive Testing: While there are many standards for elevating devices in global regions and local markets, CSA Group is a trusted expert in the field and can test against key standards, including:
- CSA B44/American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) A17.1
- CSA B44.1/ASME A17.5
- CSA B355
- ASME A18.1
- CSA C22.2 No. 94.1/UL50
- CSA C22.2 No 94.2/UL50E
- CSA C22.2 No 100
- CSA C22.2 No 14
- UL 104
- UL 508
- UL 1004 International
- EN12016-98, ISO22200
- 10 CFR Part 431 Subpart B, K and X
- CAN/CSA C390-10
- CAN/CSA C747-09
- CAN/CSA C802.2-06
CSA Group helps you navigate the complexity of applicable standards to help certify your products for your target markets
CSA Group can help you ensure that people, freight, and equipment get where they need to go safely and efficiently using certified elevating devices.
Control Panels for Elevators, Dumbwaiters, Escalators, and Moving Sidewalks
We can certify your control panels (CP) for reliability, safety, interoperability, and even cybersecurity for global and local market access.
Drive and Traction Machines
Reliability, performance, and efficiency are key indicators of successful drive and traction machines, and CSA Group tests and certifies for all three and more.
Energy Efficiency Testing
Modern customers are requiring their new purchases to consume less energy than the previous generation of product. CSA energy efficiency marks can help set you apart from the competition.
Hydraulic Power Units and Hydraulic Control Valves
Safety is central to the performance of all hydraulic products, – help ensure peace-of-mind with your target customers by trusting CSA Group with your certifications.
Speed Governor Switches and Safety Switches
By having your speed governor switches and safety switches tested and certified by our experts, you ensure compliance in your global and local markets and demonstrate your commitment to safety.
Door Interlocks, Hoist-way Door Combination Mechanical Locks, Electrical Contacts and Door Operators
The CSA mark on these critical elements communicates confidence, quality, and reliable performance to your customers and helps you enter North American and global markets quickly.
Car Top Inspection Station, Car and Hall Control Stations, Position Indicators, Hall Lanterns and Emergency Lights
The expert team at CSA Group can help smooth the way to certification and approval with a full complement of testing, inspection, and certification services for easy access to global markets.
Normal and Terminal Stopping Devices, Limit Switches, and Leveling Devices
Product safety is non-negotiable in the elevating devices business. That’s why you should trust our unrivalled experts and proven process in the evaluation and certification of your products.
Rely on the expertise of CSA Group for the proper and complete evaluation of your buffers, so you can enter markets in North America, Europe, and Asia with efficiency.
Escalator Braking Systems
As global experts in escalator systems, CSA Group has the knowledge and expertise to ensure your braking systems are ready for global and local markets.
Elevating Devices for Persons with Physical Disabilities
We can help you ensure safety and compliance of these very important elevating devices through our comprehensive testing and high-quality certification programs for nearly any market.
Protecting Connected Devices Against Cyber Attack
The rise of cyber related attacks on Internet of Things (IoT) and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) infrastructure has made it increasingly vital to have cybersecurity protocols in place to support functional safety and safety-related solutions in commercial or residential buildings and industrial processes.Read White Paper See All White Papers
Protecting Connected Devices Against Cyber AttackRead White Paper
Access the right standards for your lifting devices as you prepare to access US, Canadian and global markets
Get your lifting devices tested, inspected, and certified for safety, compliance, and global market access
Transform your innovations into quality products that meet critical safety requirements with our expert lifting device services.
Launch new products and boost customer confidence in North America and beyond with our global certification services
The Latest from CSA Group
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.