ISO 15531-44:2017 addresses the modelling of the data collected from data acquisition systems at control level to be stored at the manufacturing management level and processed further at this level for any management purpose.
The following are within the scope of ISO 15531-44:2017:
· quantitative or qualitative data collected from data acquisition systems at the control or management level to be stored at the management level and used later on to manage manufacturing;
· time stamping and time measurement provided from data acquisition systems for control and management data.
The following are outside the scope of ISO 15531-44:2017:
· any data only related to remote and real time measurement and management;
· product definition data as modelled in the ISO 10303 series;
· catalogue and library data as modelled in ISO 13584 and ISO 15926;
· control data that are only used at the control level as well as those that are not used for manufacturing management.