The ISO 16410 series provides a suite of tests in order to assess compliance of the Front End and Back End behaviours in relation to the requirements in ISO 17575â€‘3. ISO 16410-1:2017 contains the definition of such tests in the form of test purposes, listing the required initial conditions, references and individual steps in a structured textual manner. ISO 16410â€‘2 contains the identical tests written in testing and test control notation version 3 (TTCN v3).
The test purposes defined in ISO 16410-1:2017 reflect the structural and semantic requirements stated in ISO 17575â€‘3.
- Presence/absence of particular data elements (see ISO 17575â€‘3:2016, 8.5.5);
- Semantics related to various data elements, e.g.:
- Activation of context data and handling multiple contexts (see ISO 17575â€‘3:2016, 8.3);
- Handling the precedence and priority levels (see ISO 17575â€‘3:2016, 8.5.2 to 8.5.4);
- Uniqueness of relevant data elements (see ISO 17575â€‘3:2016, 8.5.2 to 8.5.4);
- Correct definition of the charge objects (see ISO 17575â€‘3:2016, 8.5.4);
- Fee calculation algorithm (see ISO 17575â€‘3:2016, 126.96.36.199);
- Security (see ISO 17575â€‘3:2016, 7.2).
With regard to the individual data sets and EFC attributes defined in ISO 17575â€‘3, the test purposes have been organized into the test suite groups, designated for the Front End and Back End respectively.
In addition to the test purposes, ISO 16410-1:2017 also provides proforma conformance test report templates for both the Front End and Back End test purposes and an informative statement on the usage of ISO 16410-1:2017 for the European electronic toll service (EETS).
For more information regarding the requirements against which the conformance is evaluated in ISO 16410-1:2017, refer to ISO 17575â€‘3.
Testing of the following behaviours and functionalities is outside the scope of ISO 16410-1:2017:
- dynamic behaviour, i.e. sequence of messages and triggering events that must be exchanged/happen to fulfil certain charging scenarios;
- profiles and business logic built on top of particular pricing schemas;
- behaviour invalid of Front End and Back End, BI test purposes are not applicable for any test purpose group (as ISO 17575â€‘3 does not specify behaviour invalid).