Codes & Standards - Purchase
The test is performed in small emission test chambers (small chambers). These small chambers are intended to provide a transfer function for vehicle level emissions. This method is intended for evaluating new car interior trim components but can, in principle, be applied to used car components.
The specified analytical procedure for SVOCs and semi-volatile carbonyls is ISO 16000-6.
ISO 12219-6:2017 is complementary to existing standards, and provides third party test laboratories and manufacturing industry with an approach for
- identifying the effect of real use conditions on specific VOC and SVOC emissions data,
- comparing emissions from various assemblies with regards to specific VOC and SVOC emissions,
- evaluating and sorting specific assemblies regarding specific VOC and SVOC emissions data,
- providing specific VOC and SVOC emissions data to develop and verify a correlation between component level methods and in vehicle air quality and
- evaluating prototype, low-emission assemblies during development.
The method described can be exclusively performed as a high temperature test or it can be performed in combination with the determination of VOCs at 65 �C in one run, which is described in ISO 12219-4.