ISO 25649-4:2017 is to be applied with ISO 25649‑1 and ISO 25649‑2.
ISO 25649-4:2017 is applicable for Class B floating leisure articles for use on and in the water according to ISO 25649‑1 regardless whether the buoyancy is achieved by inflation or inherent buoyant material.
Class B devices provide a buoyant structure with one or more body openings into which the user is positioned partly immersed.
NOTE 1 Typical products forming Class B (see Annex B):
- floating rafts with interior body holding system (swim seats) mostly in circular or square shape, fantasy shape for playing purposes;
- floating fantasy shaped structures with one or more openings to host a child's body, with or without body holding system;
- floating with slits or openings to put legs through any shape;
- floating rings with interior seat segments inside the circular body opening.
NOTE 2 Typical places for application:
- protected areas of lakes, ponds;
- protected area sea shore (no offshore winds, no currents).