Codes & Standards - Purchase
ISO 29400:2015 is intended to be comprehensive, covering all relevant information related to port and marine operations necessary for the installation and maintenance of offshore wind farms. It is not applicable to the case of floating turbines moored to the seabed.
This International Standard is applicable to port and marine operations for offshore structures including:
- foundations made from steel and concrete gravity base structures (GBS);
- piled steel foundation structures;
- subsea templates and similar structures applied for pre-piling of foundations;
- steel towers, nacelles and blades forming part of the wind turbine generators (WTG);
- mobile offshore units (MOU): jackup vessel/self-elevating offshore unit topsides and components of any of the above for offshore substations or offshore accommodations platforms;
- array cables within the wind farms as well as export cables connecting the wind farm to the grid.
ISO 29400:2015 is also applicable to modifications of existing structures, e.g. installation of additional modules or exchange of components.
This International Standard is not applicable to the following operations:
- construction activities, e.g. in a fabrication yard onshore, where there is no exposure to the marine environment;
- operational and routine activities during the service life of the windfarm related to the technical maintenance works regularly required for the components;
- marine operations related to the operational and routine activities during the service life of the windfarm.
ISO 29400:2015 presumes compliance with international, national and local rules and regulations. This International Standard does not replace the applicable rules and regulations.