Codes & Standards - Purchase
Road vehicles -- Degrees of protection (IP code) -- Protection of electrical equipment against foreign objects, water and access
Published by ISO
Publication Year 2013
ISO 20653:2013 applies to degrees of protection (IP code) provided by enclosures of the electrical equipment of road vehicles. It specifies the following:
- Designations and definitions of types and degrees of protection provided by enclosures of electrical equipment (IP codes) for the:
- protection of electrical equipment within the enclosure against ingress of foreign objects, including dust (protection against foreign objects);
- protection of persons against access to hazardous parts inside the enclosure (protection against access);
- protection of electrical equipment inside the enclosure against effects due to ingress of water (protection against water).
- Requirements for each degree of protection.
- Tests to be carried out in order to confirm that the enclosure complies with requirements of the relevant degree of protection.