Codes & Standards - Purchase
Within the electrical cone and piezocone penetration test, two subcategories of the cone penetration test are considered:
- electrical cone penetration test (CPT), which includes measurement of cone resistance and sleeve friction;
- piezocone test (CPTU), which is a cone penetration test with the additional measurement of pore pressure.
The CPTU is performed like a CPT with the measurement of the pore pressure at one or several locations on the penetrometer surface.
ISO 22476-1:2012 specifies the following features:
- type of cone penetration test;
- application class;
- penetration length or penetration depth;
- elevation of the ground surface or the underwater ground surface at the location of the cone penetration test with reference to a datum;
- location of the cone penetration test relative to a reproducible fixed location reference point;
- pore pressure dissipation tests.