Codes & Standards - Purchase
The focus is on algorithms rather than protocols, and protocols are in general not included in ISO/TR 14742:2010.
ISO/TR 14742:2010 deals primarily with recommendations regarding algorithms and key lengths.
The categories of algorithms covered in ISO/TR 14742:2010 are:
- block ciphers;
- stream ciphers;
- hash functions;
- message authentication codes (MACs);
- asymmetric algorithms;
- digital signature schemes giving message recovery,
- digital signatures with appendix,
- asymmetric ciphers;
- authentication mechanisms;
- key establishment and agreement mechanisms;
- key transport mechanisms.
ISO/TR 14742:2010 does not define any cryptographic algorithms; however, the standards to which ISO/TR 14742:2010 refers may contain necessary implementation information as well as more detailed guidance regarding choice of security parameters, security analysis, and other implementation considerations.