Codes & Standards - Purchase
Fasteners according to ISO 898-5:2012 are classified to specified hardness classes and are intended for use under compressive stress only.
ISO 898-5:2012 is applicable to set screws and similar fasteners:
- made of carbon steel or alloy steel,
- having a triangular ISO metric screw thread according to ISO 68-1,
- with a coarse pitch thread M1,6 to M30, and fine pitch thread M8×1 to M30×2,
- with diameter/pitch combinations according to ISO 261 and ISO 262, and
- having thread tolerances according to ISO 965-1 and ISO 965-2.