ISO/IEC TR 13066-6:2014 provides an overview to the structure and terminology of the Java accessibility application programming interface (API) It will provide:
- A description of the overall architecture and terminology of the API;
- Further introductory explanations regarding the content and use of the API beyond those found in Annex A of ISO/IEC 13066-1;
- An overview of the main properties, including of:
- user interface elements;
- how to get and set focus;
- of communication mechanisms in the API;
- a discussion of design considerations for the API (e.g. pointers to external sources of information on accessibility guidance related to using the API);
- information on extending the API (and where this is appropriate);
- an introduction to the programming interface of the API (including pointers to external sources of information);
- an introduction to the Java Access Bridge for Windows and the Java Access Bridge for GNOME.
It will provide this information as an introduction to the Java API to assist:
- IT system level developers who create custom controls and/or interface to them;
- AT developers involved in programming hardware to software and software to software interactions.