Codes & Standards - Purchase
ISO/IEC 23004-5:2008 specifies the following entities.
- Repository - contains components that can be downloaded.
- Target - enables receiving components.
- Locator - responsible for locating all the entities (realization of the roles) that participate in a particular download.
- Decider - assesses the feasibility of a particular download (this can include technical fit, business fit, etc.).
- Initiator - initiates and coordinates the download process.
These entities together enable through different deployments a large number of component download and upload scenarios, varying from point-to-point transfer to broadcast of components.