Codes & Standards - Purchase
ISO/IEC TR 29198:2013
- characterizing level of difficulty attributable to differences between samples acquired from the same finger,
- developing statistical methodologies for representing the level of difficulty of a fingerprint dataset by aggregating influencing factors,
- comparing the level of difficulty of different fingerprint datasets,
- defining procedures for testing and reporting the level of difficulty of fingerprint datasets collected for technology evaluation,
- analysing mated pair data characteristics based on comparison scores,
- describing the archived data selection methodology for building a dataset for evaluation.
It provides guidelines for comparing the relative level of difficulty of fingerprint datasets.
Outside the scope of ISO/IEC TR 29198:2013 are:
- defining the quality of individual fingerprint images,
- defining the methodologies or explicit measures for evaluating or predicting the performance of fingerprint recognition algorithms.