Codes & Standards - Purchase
It covers processes which are needed for the preparation of metal surfaces prior to the application of the following surface coatings:
- electrodeposited metal coatings;
- autocatalytic metal coatings (autocatalytic and displacement types);
- conversion coatings;
- hot-dipped coatings;
- sprayed metal coatings;
- diffusion coatings;
- coatings produced by vitreous enamelling;
- coatings produced by physical vapour deposition of aluminium and cadmium;
- powder coatings.
It describes processes for carrying out the following treatments:
- chemical smoothing;
It relates the processes described above to the following metals:
- non-corrosion-resisting steels, cast irons and pure irons;
- corrosion-resisting and heat-resisting steels.