Codes & Standards - Purchase
ISO/IEC TR 21000-12:2005
The test bed includes a network emulator GUI that interfaces with a Linux-based network emulator, NistNet, for real-time emulation of channel characteristics of various networks. Therefore:
- Various scalable codec (audio, video, scene composition) technologies can be evaluated.
- Various packetization methods and file formats can be evaluated.
- Various multimedia streaming rate control and error control mechanisms can be plugged into the test bed and evaluated.
In summary, the following MPEG technologies are demonstrated by the test bed:
- MPEG scalable audio and video codecs;
- MPEG-4 on IP;
- MPEG-4 IPMP (a small subset); and
- MPEG-21 DIA Network Adaptation QoS.
The architecture and the API are not tied to any particular media codecs. However, currently only the MPEG-4 FGS video and MPEG-4 BSAC audio are officially supported by the software. The support for ISO/IEC 21000-13 (MPEG-21 part 13) SVC will be included when that International Standard is ready.