Codes & Standards - Purchase
The machining_schema defined in ISO 14649-10:2004 contains the definition of data types which are generally relevant for different technologies (e.g. milling, turning, grinding). It includes:
- the general executables, including workplan, workingsteps and NC-functions;
- the definition of the workpiece;
- a feature catalogue containing features which might be referenced by several technologies;
- the basis for an operation definition.
Not included in this schema are the following:
- geometric items;
- representations, which are referenced from ISO 10303's generic resources;
- the technology-specific definitions, which are defined in separate parts of ISO 14649.
ISO 14649-10:2004 cannot stand alone. An implementation needs in addition at least one technology-specific part (e.g. ISO 14649-11 for milling, ISO 14649-12 for turning).
Additionally, the schema uses machining features similar to ISO 10303-224 and ISO 10303-214. The description of process data is done using the EXPRESS language as defined in ISO 10303-11. The encoding of the data is done using ISO 10303-21.