Codes & Standards - Purchase
Criteria and guidance for in vivo radiobioassay and in vitro radiobioassay are given in separate clauses.
The following are within the scope of ISO 28218:2010:
- the accuracy of
- in vivo measurements of activity and quantities of selected important radionuclides in test phantoms, and
- in vitro measurements of activity and quantities of selected important radionuclides in test samples;
- minimal requirements for detection limit;
- minimum testing levels and testing ranges;
- requirements for reporting radiobioassay results by service laboratories;
- quality assurance in service laboratories;
- quality control in service laboratories;
- protocol for reporting test evaluations by service laboratories to the testing laboratory;
- default procedures when the service laboratory customer does not specify the performance criteria;
- applications of y # for different methods.
The following are not within the scope of ISO 28218:2010:
- detailed radiochemical methods for separating radionuclides from biological samples;
- detailed procedures for in vivo and in vitro radioactivity measurements;
- biokinetic data and mathematical models for converting radiobioassay results into dose (dose assessment);
- procedures for the preparation and distribution of test samples and phantoms by the testing laboratories.