Codes & Standards - Purchase
ISO 12615:2004 also describes source identifiers for different types of bibliographical references and their use. It indicates how the data elements from the bibliographic reference can be reflected in a source identifier, and how its constituent parts can be assembled to provide a unique identifier.
ISO 12615:2004 will facilitate the following:
- identifying, tracing and validating terminological data and other language resources;
- cross-referencing to documents containing terminological data;
- data flow management in networking and other cooperative work in terminology documentation and terminography;
- exchange of terminological data;
- preparation of technical documents;
- carrying out of individual projects of terminology and terminography.