Codes & Standards - Purchase
ISO 16735:2006 is an implementation of the general requirements provided in ISO/TR 13387-3 for the case of fire dynamics calculations involving sets of algebraic equations.
ISO 16735:2006 is arranged in the form of a template, where specific information relevant to algebraic smoke layer equations is provided to satisfy the following types of general requirements:
- description of physical phenomena addressed by the calculation method;
- documentation of the calculation procedure and its scientific basis;
- limitations of the calculation method;
- input parameters for the calculation method;
- domain of applicability of the calculation method.
Examples of sets of algebraic equations meeting all the requirements of ISO 16735:2006 are provided in separate annexes for each different type of smoke layer scenario. Annex A contains general information and conservation requirements for smoke layers and Annex B contains specific algebraic equations for calculation of smoke layer characteristics.