Codes & Standards - Purchase
ISO/IEC 19799:2007 provides
- a definition of gloss uniformity attributes representative of the print quality on reflection prints,
- a set of print files for the creation of printed pages for gloss uniformity measurement,
- a procedure for gloss uniformity testing and the analysis of the resulting data,
- a method for evaluating and grading these measurements and deriving an assessment of gloss uniformity,
- the appropriate method of describing the gloss uniformity of printing and copying systems in documentation supplied to the consumer by the manufacturer.
The reflection prints that are to be used for measurement can be created via printers or copiers (analog and digital).
ISO/IEC 19799:2007 is applicable only to electro-photographic based prints. It does not address the measurement of gloss attributes of printed pages in transmission mode.