Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC 62196-1:2022 CMV
IEC 62196-1:2022 is applicable to EV plugs, EV socket-outlets, vehicle connectors, vehicle inlets, herein referred to as accessories, and to cable assemblies for electric vehicles (EV) intended for use in conductive charging systems which incorporate control means, with a rated operating voltage not exceeding:
- 690 V AC 50 Hz to 60 Hz, at a rated current not exceeding 250 A;
- 1 500 V DC at a rated current not exceeding 800 A.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- deletion of references to universal AC and DC interfaces;
- additional requirements for contact materials and plating;
- changes to the temperature rise test to include additional points of measurement;
- additional tests for accessories to address thermal stresses and stability, mechanical wear and abuse, and exposure to contaminants;
- relocation of information and requirements for DC charging to IEC 62196-3.