Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC 60335-2-64:2021 CMV
IEC 60335-2-64:2021 deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial kitchen machines, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral, and 480 V for other appliances including direct current (DC) supplied appliances and battery operated appliances.
These appliances are not intended for household and similar purposes. They are used for commercial processing of food in areas not open to the public, for example in kitchens of restaurants, canteens, hospitals and in commercial enterprises such as bakeries and butcheries.
Examples of kitchen machines are
– liquid or food blenders;
– tin openers;
– coffee grinders;
– machines used for washing and/or drying food;
– portioning machines;
– pastry rollers;
– noodle strip cutters;
– food processors;
– beam mixers.
This standard also applies to appliances which, in order to facilitate transport, are supplied in several parts (sub-assemblies) which, when assembled at the place of installation, form a constructional unit without the use of any additional parts.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
Attention is drawn to the fact that
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
– in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to
– appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
– appliances for continuous mass production of food;
– independent conveying equipment, such as food distribution belts.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2002, Amendment 1: 2007 and Amendment 2:2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the text has been aligned with IEC 60335-1:2020;
b) some notes have been converted to normative text, modified or deleted (1, 7.12, 9.101, 10.1, 11.7, 15.3, 20.2, 20.116, 20.117, 20.117.2, 20.117.3, 20.119, 22.101, 23.3, 27.2);
c) clarifications to some test specifications have been made (9.101, 15.1.1, 15.2, 22.113);
d) exclusion of appliances used in areas open to the public (Clause 1);
e) clarification of requirements for battery-operated appliances (Clause 1, 11.7, B.3.1.1, B.11.1);
f) relocation of cleaning instructions from 7.12.1 to 7.12;
g) conciliation of the text of IEC 60335-2-64 with other standards under IEC/TC61/MT32.
This Part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments unless that edition precludes it; in that case, the latest edition that does not preclude it is used. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.