Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC 62552-3:2015+AMD1:2020 CSV
- All parts of the standard have been largely rewritten and updated to cope with new testing requirements, new product configurations, the advent of electronic product controls and computer based test-room data collection and processing equipment.
- For more efficient analysis and to better characterise the key product characteristics under different operating conditions, the test data from many of the energy tests in Part 3 (this part) is now split into components (such as steady state operation and defrost and recovery). The approach to determination of energy consumption has been completely revised, with many internal checks now included to ensure that data complying with the requirements of the standard is as accurate as possible and of high quality.
- Part 3 (this part) now provides a method to quantify each of the relevant energy components and approaches on how these can be combined to estimate energy under different conditions on the expectation that different regions will select components and weightings that are most applicable when setting both their local performance and energy efficiency criteria while using a single set of global test measurements.
- For energy consumption measurements in Part 3 (this part), no thermal mass (test packages) is included in any compartment and compartment temperatures are based on the average of air temperature sensors (compared to the temperature in the warmest test package). There are also significant differences in the position of temperature sensors in unfrozen compartments.
- The energy consumption test in Part 3 (this part) now has two specified ambient temperatures (16°C and 32°C).
- A load processing energy efficiency test has been added in Part 3 (this part).
- Tests (both performance (Part 2) and energy (Part 3 (this part)) have been added for wine storage appliances.
This consolidated version consists of the first edition (2015) and its amendment 1 (2020). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.