IEC 61300-1:2022 is available as IEC 61300-1:2022 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 61300-1:2022 provides general information and guidance for the basic test and measurement procedures defined in IEC 61300-2 (all parts) and IEC 61300-3 (all parts) for interconnecting devices, passive components, mechanical splices, fusion splice protectors, fibre management systems and protective housings. This document is used in combination with the relevant specification which defines the tests to be used, the required degree of severity for each of them, their sequence, if relevant, and the permissible performance limits. In the event of conflict between this document and the relevant specification, the latter takes precedence. This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2016. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- addition of the information of measurement uncertainties in 4.2.1;
- change of the requirements for attenuation variation in 4.2.2;
- addition of the multimode launch conditions of other fibres than A1-OM2, A1-OM3, A1-OM4, A1-OM5 and A3e in 10.4;
- addition of the multimode launch conditions of the planer waveguide in 10.6;
- splitting Annex A for EF and Annex B for EAF;
- correction of errors in the definitions of encircled flux and encircled angular flux.