IEC 60317-25:2020 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is not an official document, it is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC 60317-25:2020 specifies the requirements of enamelled round aluminium winding wires of class 200 with a dual coating. The underlying coating is based on polyester or polyesterimide resin, which can be modified provided it retains the chemical identity of the original resin and meets all specified wire requirements. The superimposed coating is based on polyamide-imide resin.
NOTE A modified resin is a resin that has undergone a chemical change, or contains one or more additives to enhance certain performance or application characteristics.
The range of nominal conductor diameters covered by this document is:
- Grade 1: 0,250 mm up to and including 3,150 mm;
- Grade 2: 0,250 mm up to and including 5,000 mm.
The nominal conductor diameters are specified in Clause 4 of IEC 60317-0-3:2008 and IEC 60317-0-3:2008/AMD1:2013. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2010. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- new 3.2.2 containing general notes on winding wire, formerly a part of the Scope;
- revision to Clause 11 to take into account intermediate nominal conductor diameters;
- revision to Clause 7 to indicate that the springiness test is inappropriate.
- revision to Clause 16 to specify only the percentage of extractable matter and the minimum retained dielectric breakdown voltage.