Codes & Standards - Purchase
Off-board supply equipment fulfilling the requirements in this document are intended to operate with EV devices fulfilling the requirements described in ISO 19363.
The aspects covered in this document include
– the characteristics and operating conditions,
– the required level of electrical safety,
– requirements for basic communication for safety and process matters if required by a MF WPT system,
– requirements for positioning to assure efficient and safe MF-WPT power transfer, and
– specific EMC requirements for MF-WPT systems.
The following aspects are under consideration for future documents:
– requirements for MF-WPT systems for two- and three-wheel vehicles,
– requirements for MF-WPT systems supplying power to EVs in motion,
– requirements for bidirectional power transfer,
– requirements for flush mounted primary device,
– requirements for MF-WPT systems for heavy duty vehicle, and
– requirements for MF-WPT systems with inputs greater than 11,1 kVA.
This document does not apply to
– safety aspects related to maintenance, and
– trolley buses, rail vehicles and vehicles designed primarily for use off-road.
IEC 61980-3:2022 is to be used in conjunction with IEC 61980-1:2020.