IEC 60851-5:2008+A1:2011+A2:2019 specifies the following tests:
- Test 5: Electrical resistance;
- Test 13: Breakdown voltage;
- Test 14: Continuity of insulation;
- Test 19: Dielectric dissipation factor.
Significant revisions to the previous edition include the following points:
- In Subclause 5.3, the addition of the use of carbon brush electrodes for the counting discontinuities during the high voltage continuity test, as an alternative to the V-groove pulley electrode; and
- Clarifications in the breakdown voltage test for round wires larger than 2,500 mm and for fibrous covered wires.
This consolidated version consists of the fourth edition (2008), its amendment 1 (2011) and its amendment 2 (2019). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.