Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC 61010-2-032:2019 RLV
IEC 61010-2-032:2019 specifies safety requirements for hand-held and hand-manipulated current sensors described below. These current sensors are for measuring, detecting or injecting current, or indicating current waveforms on circuits without physically opening the current path of the circuit being measured. They can be stand-alone current sensors or accessories to other equipment or parts of combined equipment (see Figure 101). These include measurement circuits which are part of electrical test and measurement equipment, laboratory equipment, or process control equipment. These current sensors and circuits need additional protective means between the current sensor, the circuit and an operator. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- It has been indicated that current sensors used as fixed equipment are not within the scope of this document.
- Fork-style current sensors have been added.
- Requirements from Part 2-033 applicable to clamp multimeters that have a primary purpose of measuring voltage on live mains have been included in the new normative Annex EE.
- Clearances and creepage distances for measuring circuit terminals exceeding 1 000 V a.c. or 1 414 V d.c. and for wet locations have been specified.
- Reduced creepage distances are allowed to be according to material group I for all insulating materials.
- Requirements for input/output circuits of Type A, Type B and Type C current sensors have been detailed in 6.9.102.
- Requirements for output circuit leads have been modified.
- The Jaw impact test has been limited to the front of the jaws.
- The abrasion test for cords of flexible current sensors has been removed and replaced by a pressure test at high temperature.
- The voltage source for testing overvoltage limiting components or circuits may be limited to 400 V.
- Reference to IEC 61010-031 for probe assemblies has been added.
- Requirements for the prevention of transient overvoltages for mains voltage measuring circuits have been added.
- Requirements for measuring circuits from 1 000 V to 3 000 V have been added.
- An informative Annex CC about the dimensions of banana terminals has been added.
- A flowchart for insulation according to the type of circuit has been added in a new Annex DD.
The contents of the corrigendum of February 2020 have been included in this copy.