Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC 61010-2-033:2019 RLV
IEC 61010-2-033:2019 specifies safety requirements for hand-held multimeters for domestic and professional use, capable of measuring mains. Hand-held multimeters are multi-range multifunction measuring instruments intended to measure voltage and other electrical quantities such as resistance or current. Their primary purpose is to measure voltage on a live mains. They are suitable to be supported by one hand during normal use. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- The scope has been reduced to hand-held multimeters. Voltmeters and clamp multimeters have been removed. They are addressed respectively by IEC 61010-2-030 and IEC 61010-2-032. The relevant definitions have been removed.
- Subclause 126.96.36.199 has been relocated into Clause 102.
- Clearances and creepage distances for wet locations and for measuring circuit terminals exceeding 1 000 V a.c. or 1 414 V d.c. have been specified.
- Subclause 14.101 related to Circuits or components used as transient overvoltage limiting devices in measuring circuits used to measure mains has been removed.
- References to IEC 61010-031 for probe assemblies and IEC 61010-2-032 for current sensors have been added.
- Requirements for protection against mains overvoltage measuring circuits have been added.
- Clause 102 has been rewritten.
- Requirements for measuring circuits from 1 000 V to 3 000 V have been added.
- An informative Annex CC about dimensions of 4-mm banana terminals has been added.
- A flowchart for insulation according to the type of circuit has been added in a new Annex DD.