IEC 60317-35:2013+A1:2019 specifies the requirements of solderable enamelled round copper winding wire of class 155 with a dual coating. The underlying coating is based on poly-urethane resin, which may be modified providing it retains the chemical identity of the original resin and meets all specified wire requirements. The superimposed coating is a bonding layer based on a thermoplastic resin.
NOTE - A modified resin is a resin that has undergone a chemical change, or contains one or more additives to enhance certain performance or application characteristics. The range of nominal conductor diameters covered by this standard is:
- Grade 1B: 0,020 mm up to and including 0,800 mm;
- Grade 2B: 0,020 mm up to and including 0,800 mm. The nominal conductor diameters are specified in Clause 4 of IEC 60317-0-1:2013. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1992, Amendment 1:1997 and Amendment 2:1999. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- new 3.2.2 containing general notes on winding wire, formerly a part of the scope;
- revision to references to IEC 60317-0-1:2013 to clarify that their application is normative;
- modification to Clause 15 to remove specific wire specimen sizes;
- consolidation of 17.1 and 17.2 of the solderability requirements;
- new Clause 23, Pin hole test.
This consolidated version consists of the second edition (2013) and its amendment 1 (2019). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.
Key words: requirements of solderable enamelled round copper winding wire, class 155, dual coating