Codes & Standards - Purchase
The standard applies (but is not limited) to the following categories of machines:
- Refrigerated closed-fronted can and bottle machines where the products are held in stacks
- Refrigerated glass-fronted can and bottle, confectionery and snack machines
- Refrigerated glass-fronted machines entirely for perishable foodstuffs
- Refrigerated dual-temperature glass-fronted machines
- Confectionery and snack machines that are not refrigerated
- Combination machines consisting of two different categories of machine in the same housing and powered by one chiller
The following types of vending machine are excluded from this document:
- drink machines dispensing hot and/or cold drinks into cups;
- machines with a food-heating function;
- vending machines operating at temperatures below 0 °C; or
- any machine including one or more of these compartments.
For verification purposes, it is essential to apply all of the tests specified to a single unit. The tests can also be made individually for the study of a particular characteristic.
This document does not deal with any characteristics of machine design other than energy consumption.