Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC 60335-2-29:2016+AMD1:2019 CSV
- battery chargers, except those for installing in caravans and similar vehicles;
- battery chargers that are part of an appliance, the battery of which is not accessible to the user;
- battery chargers intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- battery chargers intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- battery chargers for emergency lighting or supply units for electronic equipment. This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2002 including its Amendment 1 (2004) and its Amendment 2 (2009). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the fourth edition of IEC 60335-2-29 are as follows (minor changes are not listed):
- Revised the drop test to refer to IEC 60068-2-31 (21.101);
- Requirements for supply cords on battery chargers used at low temperatures (25.7);
- Requirements for battery chargers having an output voltage exceeding SELV have been added (1, 3.2.2, 3.4.3, 10.101, 24.4, 25.5, 25.7, 25.8, 25.15. 26.5);
- A classification for battery chargers used outdoors has been added (6.2, 29.2) and some notes in Clause 1, Subclauses 7.1 and 22.102, Figure 101 and Annex AA 11.8 have been converted to normative text. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard. The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this standard be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of its publication.
This consolidated version consists of the fifth edition (2014) and its amendment 1 (2019). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60335-1:2010.
Key words: Battery, Battery Charger