Codes & Standards - Purchase
IEC 60335-2-14:2016+AMD1:2019 CSV
- slicing machines having a circular knife the blade of which is inclined at an angle exceeding 45° to the vertical;
- food waste disposers;
- ice-cream appliances with incorporated motor compressors kitchen machines intended for commercial purposes;
- kitchen machines intended for industrial purposes;
- kitchen machines intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas). This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2006 including its Amendment 1 (2008) and its Amendment 2 (2012). This edition constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the fifth edition of IEC 60335-2-14 are as follows (minor changes are not listed):
- requirements for noodle makers with a mixing function have been introduced (188.8.131.52, 11.7.118, 19.103);
- requirements for appliances having a feed screw or auger have been changed (20.106);
- the definition of normal operation has been changed (3.1.9);
- the method of carrying out the heating test has been changed (11.7);
- the requirement in 20.114 has been modified to align with the test specification;
- some notes in Subclauses 5.2, 11.7.107, 11.7.110, 11.7.116, 20.103, 20.107, 20.108, 20.117, 20.119, 25.14, and Annex AA were converted to normative text. This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard.
The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this publication be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of its publication. This consolidated version consists of the sixth edition (2016) and its amendment 1 (2019). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.
Key words: Appliances, Kitchen machines