IEC TS 61496-4-3:2022
Safety of machinery - Electro-sensitive protective equipment - Part 4-3: Particular requirements for equipment using vision based protective devices (VBPD) - Additional requirements when using stereo vision techniques (VBPDST)
– This document is limited to vision based ESPEs with fixed distances (stereo base) and fixed directions of the optical axes using a fixed focal length.
– It is limited to vision based ESPEs that do not require human intervention for detection.
– It is limited to vision based ESPEs that detect objects entering into or being present in a detection zone(s).
– It is limited to VBPDSTs employing radiation at wavelengths within the range 400 nm to 1 500 nm.
– This document does not address those aspects required for complex classification or differentiation of the object detected.
– This document does not consider the aspects of a moving ESPE installation.
Additional requirements and tests can apply in the following cases:
– Use of multi-spectral (colour) techniques;
– Setups other than as shown in Figure 2 and Figure 3 (e.g. changing backgrounds, horizontal orientation of the optical axis with respect to the floor);
– Intended for outdoor applications.
This document is relevant for VBPDSTs having a stated detection capability up to 200 mm. This document can be relevant to applications other than those for the protection of persons or parts of persons like arm or fingers (in the range 14 mm to 200 mm), for example the protection of machinery or products from mechanical damage. In those applications, additional requirements can be necessary, for example when the materials that are to be recognized by the sensing function have different properties from those of persons. This document does not deal with EMC emission requirements.
IEC TS 61496-4-3:2022 cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2015-05. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) Some requirement clauses and test procedures have been adapted or removed because they have been consolidated in IEC 61496-1:2020 (e.g. 188.8.131.52 Light sources or Clause A.9).