Codes & Standards - Purchase
It applies to adjustable speed electric power drive systems intended to feed DC motors from a BDM/CDM connected to line-to-line voltages up to and including 1 kV AC 50 Hz or 60 Hz and/or voltages up to and including 1,5 kV DC input side.
NOTE 1 Adjustable speed electric AC power drive systems intended to feed AC motors are covered by
NOTE 2 This document can be used as a reference for adjustable speed electric power drive systems, intended to feed DC motors from a BDM/CDM connected to line-to-line voltages up to and including 1,5 kV AC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz and/or voltages up to and including 2,25 kV DC input side.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the clause structure has been harmonized with IEC 61800-2;
b) Clause 2 has been updated;
c) Clause 3 has been updated including fundamental definitions to be used across IEC 61800 (all parts);
d) Clause 4 has been updated with respect to:
1) description of the basic topology for BDM/CDM/PDS (4.2);
2) ratings and performance (4.3 and 4.4);
3) reference to applicable standards within the IEC 61800 series with respect to EMC (IEC 61800-3), general safety (IEC 61800-5-1), functional safety (IEC 61800-5-2), load duty aspects (IEC TR 61800-6), communication profiles (IEC 61800-7 series),power interface voltage (IEC TS 61800-8), and ecodesign energy efficiency standards (IEC 61800-9) to avoid conflicting requirements (4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.10, 4.11, 4.12);
4) update of requirement for ecodesign (4.8);
5) update of requirement for environmental evaluation (4.9);
6) implementation of requirement for explosive atmosphere (4.13);
e) Clause 5 has been updated with test requirement in order to provide a clear link between design requirement and test requirement;
f) Clause 6 has been updated to harmonize the marking and documentation requirement within IEC 61800 (all parts);
g) the Annexes have been updated.