Codes & Standards - Purchase
The MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT and systems covered by this document include:
– X-RAY EQUIPMENT;
– X-RAY EQUIPMENT for RADIOSCOPICALLY GUIDED INTERVENTIONAL PROCEDURES;
– X-RAY EQUIPMENT FOR COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY;
– MAGNETIC RESONANCE EQUIPMENT;
– ULTRASONIC DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT;
– GAMMA CAMERAS;
– PLANAR WHOLEBODY IMAGING EQUIPMENT;
– equipment for SINGLE PHOTON EMISSION COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (SPECT);
– SPECT/CT hybrid systems, combining a GAMMA CAMERA with X-RAY EQUIPMENT FOR COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT);
– POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPHS (PET);
– PET/CT hybrid systems combining a POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPH with X-RAY EQUIPMENT FOR COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT);
– PET/MRI hybrid systems combining a POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPH with MAGNETIC RESONANCE EQUIPMENT: and
– other combinations of the MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT or systems listed above.
This document does not apply to endoscopic equipment, funduscopic equipment, radiation therapy equipment, nor associated systems.
IEC 63077:2019 includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC PAS 63077:2016:
a) the scope was delineated more clearly;
b) an informative cross reference list of IEC 63077 vs ISO 13485 (Annex A) was added;
c) smaller corrections were performed.