Codes & Standards - Purchase
– persons (including children) whose physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
– children playing with the appliance.
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
– in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to:
– pumps for circulating liquids other than water;
– pumps, other than circulation pumps (IEC 60335-2-41);
– circulation pumps intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
– circulation pumps intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour, or gas).
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2002, Amendment 1:2008 and Amendment 2:2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– some instructions are no longer required (7.12);
– converted some notes to normative text (7.12.1, 11.3, 11.8);
– new instructions for installation of thermal insulation (7.12.1);
– the leakage current value is modified (Clause A.2).
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard.