IEC 61969-1:2020 is available as IEC 61969-1:2020 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 61969-1:2020 contains design guidelines for outdoor enclosures and is applicable over a wide field of mechanical, electromechanical and electronic equipment and its installation where a modular design is used. The objectives of this document are:
- to provide an overview of specifications for enclosures focused on requirements for outdoor applications for stationary use at non-weather protected locations, and
- to achieve product integrity under outdoor conditions and to ease product selection for the sourcing of outdoor enclosures from different vendors.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- alignment with the content of ETSI EN 300 019 and IEC 60721 series latest editions, particularly with the actualization of climate conditions;
- new requirements added to reflect market requirements on environmental issues;
- improvement on terminology and overall editorial improvement.