IEC 62127-1:2022 is available as IEC 62127-1:2022 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.IEC 62127-1:2022 specifies methods of use of calibrated hydrophones for the measurement in liquids of acoustic fields generated by ultrasonic medical equipment including bandwidth criteria and calibration frequency range requirements in dependence on the spectral content of the fields to be characterized.
- defines a group of acoustic parameters that can be measured on a physically sound basis;
- defines a second group of parameters that can be derived under certain assumptions from these measurements, and called derived intensity parameters;
- defines a measurement procedure that can be used for the determination of acoustic pressure parameters;
- defines the conditions under which the measurements of acoustic parameters can be made using calibrated hydrophones;
- defines procedures for correcting for limitations caused by the use of hydrophones with finite bandwidth and finite active element size, and for estimating the corresponding uncertainties.
IEC 62127-1:2022 cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2007 and Amendment 1:2013. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition.
a) The upper frequency limit of 40 MHz has been removed.
b) Hydrophone sensitivity definitions have been changed to recognize sensitivities as complex-valued quantities.
c) Procedures and requirements for narrow-band approximation and broadband measurements have been modified; details on waveform deconvolution have been added.
d) Procedures for spatial averaging correction have been amended.
e) Annex D, Annex E and bibliography have been updated to support the changes of the normative parts.